Teaching unity to our children is a true gift! In this edition to the ABCs of the Bible crafts, a great series of Bible School Craft Ideas, we want to share with you “U for Unity”. This is an easy Paper Doll Chain Unity Bible Craft with many great modifications for children of all ages.
Paper Doll Chain Unity Bible Craft
Teaching our children about unity is so important. This Bible craft is perfect for children of all ages and the lesson can be as in depth as you are comfortable teaching.
Bible Memory Verse for Unity:
“I appeal to you, brothers and sisters, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another in what you say and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly united in mind and thought.” ~ 1 Corinthians 1:10
Paper Doll Chain Unity Bible Craft Materials Needed
- Paper Doll Chain Printable Link
- Child-Size Scissors
- Colored Construction Paper (various colors of skin)
- Small Stamps or Stickers for Eyes (optional)
Paper Doll Chain Unity Bible Craft Instructions
The best instructions we found have been at Aunt Annie. This is an abbreviated version here to make it a little easier for you. If you feel like you need more detail, you are welcome to check out the detailed instructions.
Start by printing the Paper Doll Chain.
Cut strips of paper approximately 4½” by 6″ if you are using construction paper. 4½” by 12″ from lightweight craft paper.
Then fold the paper like the diagram below from Aunt Annie.
1) Fold the strip in half, matching edges and making a sharp crease.
2) Fold one edge back to meet the fold just made, and crease. Turn the paper over and repeat with the other edge. Now you have four equal sections—continue folding to make eight sections.
3) Fold the top layer back to meet the center fold, turn over and repeat.
4) Open the center fold like a book. There are three layers on each side with a single layer in the center.
5) Fold one side of three layers in to meet the center fold. Repeat with the other side.
6) Fold the center fold back to complete the accordion folds.
Use the doll template to draw a doll on one side of the folded paper.
Then carefully cut out the drawing to create your paper doll chain. Remember to use different colored construction paper to signify the different type of people on earth.
Paper Doll Chain Unity Bible Craft Benefits and Adaptations
This is a great craft to do in your Bible classrooms or homeschool rooms with children of multiple ages. Young children can learn the fact that we are all loved by Christ and unified in the church no matter if we are male, female, various colors, chubby, skinny, or with any other defining feature. We can all unit in Jesus’ love!
Older children can learn more about how to accept and love others and themselves.
Unity Bible Verse Cards
We’ve created some Unity Bible Verse cards that you can use with this lesson. To get your free download, simply put your e-mail address in the form below and click the “CLICK HERE” button. Head over to your inbox and look for the confirmation e-mail (double check your spam folder or promotions tab in gmail).
After confirming by clicking the link in that e-mail, your download will be automatically sent to your computer (double check your downloads folder if you don’t see it right away).
We would love to hear how you use this craft to help your children understand more about unity! Share your Paper Doll Chain Unity Bible Craft in the comments below or in our Christian Montessori Network Facebook Group!
If you liked this ABCs of the Bible craft idea, be sure to pin it for later, or share it with your friends if you think they’d enjoy doing it with their children.
Our previous ABCs of the Bible Craft ideas for this series have included:
- A is for Angel (coffee filter craft)
- B is for Basket (weaving craft)
- C is for Cross (paper scrolling craft)
- D is for David’s Harp (representational craft)
- E is for Elijah’s Fiery Chariot (cardboard & tissue paper craft)
- F is for Fisher of Men (threading activity craft)
- G is for God’s Eye (fine motor folk art craft)
- H is for Heaven Art Collage (sticker art collage craft)
- I is for Image of Daniel Chapter 2 (collage craft)
- J is for Jesus at the Door (scripture memory verse)
- K is for King of Kings
- L is for Lion’s Den
- M is for Miracles of Jesus
- N is for Noah’s Ark
- P is for Peace Dove
- R is for Rebekah at the Well
- S is for Sheep
- U is for Unity (paper doll craft)
- V is for Vine
Free Bible Verse 3-Part Cards!
Get a free download of 26 Letter of the Week Bible Verse 3-part cards when you subscribe to Christian Montessori Network.